Category:System Tracking Tools
This is a place to collect information, links and experience with automated system tracking tools, not Software Patch Management, which focuses more on updating stuff. This is for finding out what is out there and what state it is in.
The Open Management Consortium (OMC) was founded in May 2006 with the following objectives:
- Create awareness of open source management tools in the market
- Provide education and resources to help end users make informed decisions regarding open source
- Establish conventions and standards that enable integration and interoperability
- Enable collaboration and coordination on common development projects
- Promote collaborative open source systems management solutions
System Tracking Related Web Links
System Finding and Scanning Tools
- Free Security Scanner For Network Exploration & Hacking.
Open Source System Monitoring Tools
- Big Sister System and Network Monitor
- A highly configurable agent/server-based network monitor that takes the heterogenous server monitoring concepts popularised by Big Brother and extends them to include SNMP. Use it if you must integrate SNMP monitoring with service/daemon monitoring but if your time costs money, stick with Big Brother until documentation improves.
- a light-weight system monitor
- a scalable distributed monitoring system for clusters
- A provider of open source IT management software, delivers the right solution to ensure unprecedented network, system and application availability.
- See: [Free vs Commercial Versions]
- Hyperic HQ
- Hyperic HQ is an easy to use portal designed to auto-discover and start managing your infrastructure with one click. Open source, and available free through the industry preferred GPL license, we also offer our Silver Support package which includes additional, low cost business hours support.
- Nagios is an Open Source host, service and network monitoring program.
- ZABBIX is an enterprise-class open source distributed monitoring solution.
- HowtoForge:Network Monitoring with Zabbix
- Zenoss is an open source, enterprise-grade product helps manage the configuration, health and performance of the networks, servers and applications through a single, integrated software package.
Insert non-formatted text here
Commercial System Monitoring Tools
- Big Brother
- Big Brother Professional Edition (BBPE) is a Web-based system and network monitoring solution. It provides a highly scalable, customizable and easy to maintain system
- BMC Performance Manager
- BMC Performance Manager products deliver business-centric systems management and intelligent optimization solutions for your infrastructure and business-critical applications.
- Centrify DirectAudit
- Comply with regulatory requirements, perform in-depth troubleshooting, and protect against insider threats through detailed auditing, logging and real-time monitoring of UNIX/Linux user activity
- Centrify DirectControl
- Secure, connected computing through centralized, Active Directory-based identity management and access control
- GFI LANguard Network Security Scanner
- As an administrator, you often have to deal separately with problems related to vulnerability issues, patch management and network auditing, at times using multiple products.
- However, with GFI LANguard N.S.S., these three pillars of vulnerability management are addressed in one package.
- HP OpenView
- HP OpenView Business Management solutions enable CIOs and business service owners to see their key business services as their customers do, and understand the business impact of resource problems so they can prioritize IT resources to resolve them before they impact the bottom line.
- IBM Tivoli Software
- Tivoli Service Management are used to manage the infrastructure, operations and IT processes and to deliver services aligned to business goals.
- ManageEngine OpManager
- ManageEngine OpManager is a complete network monitoring software that offers combined WAN, Server, Applications monitoring with integrated help desk, asset management & WAN traffic analysis functionality. OpManager automates several network monitoring tasks and removes the complexity associated with network management.
- monitor, report and alert on the availability, performance of complete IT infrastructures.
- 10% discount for LOPSA members.
- Splunk collects and analyzes log files as well as tracking systems.
- There is a free version for use on small networks
- See: Free versus Enterprise License
- CA Unicenter Network and Systems Management
- CA Unicenter Network and Systems Management simplifies system management and helps ensure the availability and performance of your business critical processes with centralized, adaptive and secure management.
- uptime software
- Easy Server monitoring, from dashboard to detailed metrics in seconds...
Information Links and Reports
- Vulnerability Scanner Tools "Security Threat" Summary
- The Security Innovation Software Security team has researched and reviewed each major vulnerability scanner available. Our research covers Unix, Linux and Windows security tools. Each tool has been reviewed individually to determine how much of a threat it poses to your organization. For each tool we looked at how deeply the tool has penetrated into the hacker community: how easy it is for a hacker to pick up and use, and how much damage the tool can do in the hands of a malicious attacker.
Pages in category "System Tracking Tools"
This category contains only the following page.