File Encryption Tools
From The System Administrator Zone
See also: Encryption of a Folder (OS X)
- Bcrypt is a cross platform file encryption utility.
- Encrypted files are portable across all supported operating systems and processors.
- dm-crypt: a device-mapper crypto target
- dm-crypt is a transparent disk encryption subsystem in Linux kernel versions 2.6 and later.
- dm-crypt wiki
- LUKS - Linux Unified Key Setup
- LUKS is the upcoming standard for Linux hard disk encryption.
- By providing a standard on-disk-format, it does not only facilitate compatibility among distributions, but also provide secure management of multiple user passwords.
- NCrypt is intended to give you security in an insecure environment.
- Should compile on any platform that supports standard C libraries (no dependencies upon crypto libraries).
- GNU Privacy Guard and is GNU's tool for secure communication and data storage.
- Enhance security with file encryption tools
- You can create an encrypted hard drive, a separate partition or a directory with TrueCrypt.
- TrueCrypt Tutorial: Truly Portable Data Encryption
- Local Notes on using TrueCrypt
Special Purpose Tools
- OS X home directory encryption
- Sophos Anti-Virus: 4.9.16 - On OS X 10.5.x with FileVault enabled, the on-access scanner can cause deadlocks
Encryption Related Links
|Enhance security with file encryption tools|