This Antispam extension protects many of my systems, such as this MediaWiki site and our WordPress sites, against spam bots signups and edits. It's a client side application for cloud anti-spam service cleantalk.org. CleanTalk provides transparent antispam protection, with detailed statistics of all entering comments and logins. You can always be sure that there are no errors.
- Upload the new version archive to public_html/Uploads
- ssh to system and extract new folder
- add your access Key to the file Antispam/Antispam.php
- $wgCTAccessKey = 'YOUR-KEY-HERE';
- the following work is done in public_html/extensions
- copy Antispam to Antispam-old
- copy new version to Antispam
- verify version update: http://sysadm.equoria.com/index.php/Special:Version
If you turn on the Spam Firewall, Spam bots will be blocked before they have access to your site, greatly reducing system load.
Open file "<MediaWiki-root-folder>/extensions/Antispam/Antispam.php"
Find the parameter: "$wgCTSFW = false" and change false to true.